Podcasts are a great source of information and entertainment just like books and blogs. Podcasts are basically content driven episodes in audio/video form that you can listen to. Now, there might not be a hell lot of podcasts as there are blogs, but surely you can get your hands on sufficient amount of them which will definitely improve you as a student.
The good thing about audio-based podcasts is that you can listen to it while doing other kinds of stuff like working out, walking, etc. unlike reading books and blogs. Podcasts can act like a more productive and helpful substitute to music. So, I have compiled a list of podcasts that you, as a student, may listen to.
- TEDTalks: You might have probably heard about TEDTalks. The good thing about them is that they are nearly as good as their video version, and thus make a fantastic podcast that you can listen to, to improve yourself as a student.
- The College Info Geek Podcast: Presented by a very brilliant entrepreneur, Thomas Frank, this podcast is all about college. This podcast deals with all the issues ranging from productivity to freelancing. This podcast is probably the best one out there and is a must listen for every college student.
- Back to Work– Are you interested in becoming more productive, getting things done more efficiently, and discovering new tools to help you work better? Back to Work is the podcast for you. Each week hosts Merlin Mann (founder of 43Folders) and Dan Benjamin talk about a new topic related to productivity, communication, work, etc.
- GTD – GTD stands for Getting Things Done. In this Podcast, host David Allen and others interview people from various walks of life and thus tell the listeners, the stories about how they get things done. It is a show based on general productivity and how to improve it.
- Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders – Even if you don’t have entrepreneurial aspirations, the Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders podcast can be an incredibly useful learning resource.This show is simply a series of recorded lectures from Stanford University. Past guests include Guy Kawasaki, Mark Zuckerberg, and Marissa Mayer.
- Stuff you Should Know: How does pepper spray work? What’s better: cash, credit, or debit? How do they make silly putty? If you’ve ever wondered about anything like these questions, Stuff You Should Know will satiate your curiosity. This is another podcast I’ve been listening to for a long time, and it’s a great one to fall back on when you’re not really looking for anything in particular to learn – but you want to learn all the same.
- The Paleo Solution– This is a health-related podcast. Paleo/Primal diet is one of the best that you can follow for optimum health. If you’d like to learn more about it (and staying healthy) on the go, definitely check out The Paleo Solution. It’s hosted by Rob Wolf, who is one of the most well-respected voices in the Paleo community and packs in a ton of great information.
So, there you go. I’m pretty sure these Podcasts will help you develop as a student.