To all those parents out there who think medical and engineering are the only career options, arts is an option too! Many of us in our childhood used to sketch to relieve stress. There was also some of us who truly enjoyed sketching. Arts is not just about sketching, it’s about thinking out-of-the-box. Taking up Arts as a career option where you brainstorm for something unique, something groundbreaking and something so different that no one would have thought of it.
Arts being a field of diversity of all kinds of talents which include performing arts, literature, singing, dancing, media, drama, filming and so on.
Arts being a diverse field has numerous courses. The main degrees in arts are Bachelor of Arts(B.A), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) and Master of Education (M.Ed). You could pursue these degrees in any art type like languages, literature, advertising, politics, computer science, photography, business, and absolutely anything you love!
The world is full of opportunities. We just have to work hard to grab the best one. The best top renown Art colleges in the the world consist of Royal College of Art in the the the the the the the the the the the UK, Parsons New School for Design in US, Rhode Island School of Design(RISD) in the the US, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in US and Pratt University in the the US. These are just a few to name. There are so many more!
The famous colleges for Arts in India include Lady Shri Ram College (LSR) for Women in New Delhi, Loyola College in Chennai, Christ University in Bangalore, St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai and Miranda House in New Delhi.
Competitive exams always play an integral role in an Indian student’s life. The only reason being that once your CBSE Grade 12 board exams are over, you have to learn for these competitive exams. Any student who is pursuing any degree after Grade 12 is always encouraged to participate in Competitive exams.
Competitive exams can be of two kinds, either those set by the Government of India for a certain course you want to pursue or those set by individual universities. The most popular competitive exams for Arts students are:
- IIT HSEE -This competitive exam is a national level exam conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.HSEE stands for Humanities and Social Sciences entrance exam. IIT HSEE shortlists students for 5 years integrated Master of Arts (MA) course.
- TISS BAT- This Bachelor’s Admission Test(BAT) is held by Tata Institute of Social Sciences for providing students admission in all the different BA courses offered by the college.
- BHU UET- Undergraduate Entrance Test is conducted by Banaras Hindu University every year. This entrance test is applicable to various undergraduate courses available in the University including BA, BCom., etc.
- DU CATE- Common admission test for English is conducted by Delhi University for admission to BA English.
- Patna Women’s College Entrance Exam- This entrance exam is a test for admission to any BA/B.Sc admission in the college.
There are so many opportunities in the Arts field. So, unleash your creativity and excel in it!